Australia Migration, Immigration Australia, Migrating to Australia
20th July 2008 about | WA Tourist Info | copyright | contact us | privacy policy | terms | sitemap |
Migration Institute of Australia Member
Registration Number 1971 and 2748
Registered to Provide Migration Advice
MARN numbers:
0208366, 0426675, 0641256, 0742456 and 0640237
More info about Immigration Australia, Visa Australia
Need more information, advice or assistance?

Get near instant results in your own personalised clients area. Your own dedicated migration consultant will be online to guide, assist and respond to all your questions

1. Register Online
2. Activate your account
3. Submit your information for a FREE visa appraisal or 4. Submit your data for a detailed Migration Assessment or 5. Use eConsult for fast, detailed replies to all your questions.

APS - Psychologists

The Australian Psychological Society


Information for Psychologists regarding visas and immigration to Australia.

On this page you will find all forms and information documents pertaining to Physiotherapists.


The Australian Psychological Society (APS) is the national assessing authority in Australia for assessment of overseas academic qualifications in psychology for the purpose of migration. For a fee, the APS determines the level at which an applicant's qualifications are equivalent to an Australian programme of study that has been accredited by the Society.

This service is for people who are seeking to:

  • Migrate to Australia under the General Skilled Migration Categories;
  • Register or work as a psychologist in Australia; or
  • Enter accredited psychology courses in Australia Universities.

Information for overseas applicants

The Australian Government has nominated the APS as the assessing body for overseas psychologists applying for migration to Australia under the General Skilled Migration categories. This means the Society is the only body in Australia that can assess psychology qualifications for migration to Australia under these categories.

Please note that people seeking to migrate under the General Skilled Migration categoires must have complete the equivalent of an APS accredited six-year programme of study in psychology. The National Office of Overseas Skills Recognition also provides information about the recognition of overseas qualifications at

For further details on requirements for migration to Australia, please contact BCIS or speack the enquiry to your assigned consultant.

Assessment of Qualifications

If you intend to migrate to Australia on the basic of your skills, the Australian Psychological Society is the relevant accessing authority for the following occupations: 

  • Psychologist - Clinical Psychologist
  • Psychologist - Educational Psychologist
  • Psychologist - Organisational Psychologist
  • Psychologist - Psychologist (nec)

What Information do I need to Supply ?

In order to assess an individual's qualifications the APS requires a completed Assessment Application Form (see below), and the following documentation:

  • Originally certified copies of transcripts and completion certificates for all undergraduate and post graduate qualifications in psychology
  • A certified copy of evidence of membership of psychology organisation (if relevant)
  • A certified copy of evidence of licensure/registration as a psychologist (if relevant)
  • A certified copy of your thesis/ research project / dissertation details (if relevant)
  • A certified copy of a marriage certificate or change of name documentation (if relevant)

These documents should be submitted to Membership at the APS National office:

Postal address: PO Box 38, Flinders Lane, VIC, 8009, Australia.

Tel: +61 3 8662 3300

Toll free: 1800 333 497

Fax: +61 3 9663 6177


The APS will assess the level that the applicant's qualifications are equivalent to in Australia by considering them against local accredited psychology qualifications. The applicant may also be invited to join the APS if they meet the membership criteria. Read about the services and benefits offered to APS Members.

How long does an Assessment take ?

The assessment of overseas qualifications is a complex process and your assessment may take some time. It is not unusual for an assessment to take from six to eight weeks, and you should allow for this. Once your application has been processed, we will advised you of the outcome in writing.

Translation of documents into English

All non-English documents sent to the APS must be accompanied by a certified English translation.

If the documents are translated in a country where the translation is made. Ask the Australian Embassy, High Commission or Consulate for advice if you are unsure.

Translators in Australia are listed in the Yellow Pages telephone book and should be accredited by the National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters (NAATI).

Keep the original translation for your future use. Send only certified copies of the English translation. Refer to the following section for details on how to have your document certified.


It is essential that copies of documents are certified.

This mean that you should send copies which have been formally endorsed as true copies of the originals by a person or agency recognised by the law of your country and recognised by the Australian Embassy, High Commission or Immigration Office for this purpose.

In Australia, person who may certify documents include Justices of the Peace (JPs), Commissioners for Declarations, and legal practitioners. The APS also accepts documents which have been certified by an accountant, notary, pharmacist, physiotherapist, police officer or psychologist. The certifying officer must not be a family member or spouse.

To have your copies certified you will need to present both the original and the copy of each document to the person certifying the copies. Each copy of the document must be certified separately and must show clearly:

  • the words 'certified as a true copy of the original';
  • the signature of the certifying officer; and
  • the name and address or provider/registration number (where appropriate) of the certifying officer legibly printed below the signature. It must be possible, from the details provided, for the APS to contact the certifying officer if necessary.

Please note that it is the certified document itself which must be submitted with your application A photocopy of a certified document is not valid.



Forgotten Password