Australia Migration, Immigration Australia, Migrating to Australia
20th July 2008 about | WA Tourist Info | copyright | contact us | privacy policy | terms | sitemap |
Migration Institute of Australia Member
Registration Number 1971 and 2748
Registered to Provide Migration Advice
MARN numbers:
0208366, 0426675, 0641256, 0742456 and 0640237
More info about Immigration Australia, Visa Australia
Need more information, advice or assistance?

Get near instant results in your own personalised clients area. Your own dedicated migration consultant will be online to guide, assist and respond to all your questions

1. Register Online
2. Activate your account
3. Submit your information for a FREE visa appraisal or 4. Submit your data for a detailed Migration Assessment or 5. Use eConsult for fast, detailed replies to all your questions.

Countries J to P

Obtaining police clearnces from different countries

Obtaining Police Clearnances countries J to P 


Police records can be obtained from the Office of the Superintendent of Records and Identification, C.I.B. Headquarters, East Queen Street, Kingston, Jamaica, West Indies, submitting the following:

  1. Two(2) sets of fingerprints (i.e. two of each hand) certified by local immigration service.
  2. Official birth certificate.
  3. Money order valued at J$1000.00 payable to the C.I.B. Headquarters.
  4. Three (3) passport-size photographs, one of which must be certified (whether by a notary public or lawyer, Justice of the Peace, family physician, bank manager, dentist, police officer).
  5. Name and address of Embassy, Consulate or Immigration authority to which certificate should be sent. Please note that certificate can neither be sent to you nor your lawyer.
  6. Approximate date when certificate will be required.
  7. Last home address in Jamaica.


To get a police certificate in Japan, you must first get copies of your birth certificate/family register ("Koseki Shohon") and residence certificate ("Jumin Hyo") from your local city hall.

The police will want to see both of these, as well as your passport, personal seal ("Han"), and the instructions from the U.S. Embassy that say why you need a police certificate.

Foreign applicants for a Japanese police certificate will need only a valid passport, alien registration card ("Gaijin Toroku Sho") and instructions from the Immigration Authority that say why you need a police certificate. The applicant should mail a copy to the local Japanese mission requesting for a police certificate. They in turn will forward it to the police station where he resided during his stay. The process takes two months or so.

The police certificate is issued from the Prefectural Police Headquarters - the Ken Keisatsu Honbu (in Tokyo, this is the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Headquarters, or Keishi Cho). Call first to find out their hours and where to go. They will take your fingerprints, and tell you that the certificate will be issued within three weeks. You get two copies of the certificate: one in Japanese and an English translation free of charge.

Military records from the Japan Self Defense Forces are available from the unit commander. Pre-World War II military records may be obtained though Prefectural Government, Welfare Section, or through the Relief Agency, Ministry of Public Welfare.


A person applying for a police record should send in a written request addressed to Servicos de Identificacao de Macau, Caixa Postal 1089, Macau. You should include a copy of the document of your identification issued by the Macau Government wherein on its expiration, shall be accompanied additionally by a copy of your travel document. If you don not have any document of identification issued by the Macau Government, you should attach a copy of your travel document and a proof of previous stay in Macau.

When you apply, you must write your purpose why you want to obtain the Certificate. You must also have your fingerprint taken of the right index (2nd) finger next to your signature.

If you do not have a document of identification of Macau Government, you should submit an official document with your parents' names and notarized. Processing fee is US$10 (or US$23 for an urgent case). A check payment should be made payable to Servicos de Identificacao de Macau.


Relevant document – 'Security Vetting'

Apply Send 4 copies of Form 80 (photocopy acceptable) to the DIAC post/office processing your application. Forms may also be submitted at time of application.

Provide Citizens – All details as per Form 80 in particular Q10 and old and new National Registration Identity card (NRIC) number.

Applicant born in and after 1978 will not have old NRIC number.

Non-citizens – All details as per Form 80 in particular Q19 passport details must be provided Fee Nil.Form Form 80 from DIAC


[from private e-mail:] "It would be good to inform/warn people that obtaining of a Dutch Police certificate from abroad may take quite a lot of time. As far as I could figure out from other people's stories it takes on average 8 weeks. I think that one has to count with a minimum waiting time of at least 6 weeks, and a maximum of 3 months.

Relevant document – 'Police Good Conduct Certificate'

Apply to the town hall, in person or by mail Residents Netherlands municipality where registered

Non-residents – Netherlands municipality where last registered.
(Note: Applicants absent from The Netherlands for over 5 years need to apply at the Hague town hall or to Ministry of Justice
by email include return address and personal data.)

Provide photocopy of passport. Fee payable.

New Zealand

More info soon...


Each visa applicant aged 16 or older must have a Record Clearance from the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI), Taft Avenue, Manila and a Police Certificate from other countries where applicant has resided for at least one year. Any visa applicant who has been charged or convicted of a crime must have a certified copy of each court and prison record. The court record must state the charge and, if convicted, the sentence. If convicted, you must also have a copy of the law showing the maximum penalty for the offense. Applicants who have served in the military should have a certified copy of their military records.

The applicant must come in person to the Philippine Consulate, where their fingerprints will be taken and then sent with applicant information to Manila. In Manila the police record will be processed by the NBI, and returned in 3 to 4 weeks.

From a newsgroup regular : "Jane went to a branch office of the NBI (National Bureau of Investigation), again in Iloilo, and secured her NBI clearance. It took about a month, and, once again, it had to be processed in Manila. Jane easily obtained clearances from the barangay officials (smallest local civil unit) and local police department. Since Jane had lived her entire life in one place no additional police clearances were required. The barangay clearance was never asked for."


More on Poland soon...




Forgotten Password