Australia Migration, Immigration Australia, Migrating to Australia
20th July 2008 about | WA Tourist Info | copyright | contact us | privacy policy | terms | sitemap |
Migration Institute of Australia Member
Registration Number 1971 and 2748
Registered to Provide Migration Advice
MARN numbers:
0208366, 0426675, 0641256, 0742456 and 0640237
More info about Immigration Australia, Visa Australia
Need more information, advice or assistance?

Get near instant results in your own personalised clients area. Your own dedicated migration consultant will be online to guide, assist and respond to all your questions

1. Register Online
2. Activate your account
3. Submit your information for a FREE visa appraisal or 4. Submit your data for a detailed Migration Assessment or 5. Use eConsult for fast, detailed replies to all your questions.

Graduate Skilled

Skilled– Overseas Student visa (permanent residence)

Australian Migration - Certain students who complete eligible Australian studies, are eligible to apply for Australian permanent residence under the Australian immigration Graduate skilled program.

This information is about overseas students in Australia applying to migrate under Australia's skilled migration program.

Who can apply ?

  • The primary applicant must hold a degree, diploma or trade qualification for an award by an Australian educational institution as a result of at least TWO years of full-time study at one institution while physically in Australia. (see important update !)
  • An application for any of these visas must be lodged within 6 months of completing the Australian qualification.
  • Note: if you become unlawful, you will be unable to make a valid application for this visa.
  • If you need more time to prepare your permanent visa application, you may apply for theGraduate Skilled Temporary visa to keep you lawful.

Visa Categories

Skilled–Independent Overseas Student


  • meet the basic requirements;
  • pass the points test;
  • nominate a skilled occupation from theskilled occupations list;
  • hold a positive assessment in a 60 point skill level occupation, or - if you have completed an Australian doctorate degree - a 50 point skill level occupation.

Skilled–Regional Area-Sponsored (Regional) Overseas Student

Under this category, Australia is seeking skilled migrants to settle in designated areas of Australia. You must:

Skilled–Australian-Sponsored (Residence) Overseas Student

Under this category, students can be sponsored by a relative already living in Australia. You must:

 overseas students, Australia,  applying, migrate, skilled migration program, primary applicant, degree, diploma, trade qualification, award, Australian educational institution, full-time study, institution, application, visas, lodged, Australian qualification, unlawful, valid application, visa, permanent visa application, apply,  Graduate Skilled Temporary visa, Skilled–Independent Overseas Student, Requirements, basic requirements, points test, nominate, skilled occupation, skilled occupations list, assessment, skill level occupation, Australian doctorate degree, sponsor, assurer, designated area

Search Google



Forgotten Password