Australia Migration, Immigration Australia, Migrating to Australia
19th July 2008 about | WA Tourist Info | copyright | contact us | privacy policy | terms | sitemap |
Migration Institute of Australia Member
Registration Number 1971 and 2748
Registered to Provide Migration Advice
MARN numbers:
0208366, 0426675, 0641256, 0742456 and 0640237
More info about Immigration Australia, Visa Australia
Need more information, advice or assistance?

Get near instant results in your own personalised clients area. Your own dedicated migration consultant will be online to guide, assist and respond to all your questions

1. Register Online
2. Activate your account
3. Submit your information for a FREE visa appraisal or 4. Submit your data for a detailed Migration Assessment or 5. Use eConsult for fast, detailed replies to all your questions.

Remaining Relative

If you are the brother, sister or child (or step-relative) of an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen, and the Australian relative is at least 18 years old, and you have no other relatives in your home country (all relatives in Australia), you may apply for this visa.

Where the applicant has a spouse, all the spouse's remaining relatives must also be settled in Australia.

Legal definition of a remaining relative:-

1.15 (1) An applicant for a visa is a remaining relative of another person who is an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen if the applicant satisfies the Minister that:

(a) the other person is a parent, brother, sister, step-parent, step-brother or step-sister of the applicant; and

(b) the other person is usually resident in Australia ; and

(c) the applicant, and the applicant’s spouse (if any), have no near relatives other than near relatives who are:

(i) usually resident in Australia ; and

(ii) Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens; and

(d) if the applicant is a child who:

(i) has not turned 18; and

(ii) has been adopted by an Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen (the adoptive parent) while overseas:

at the time of making the application, the adoptive parent has been residing overseas for a period of at least 12 months.

 Register now for advice and assistance with this visa class



Forgotten Password