Australia Migration, Immigration Australia, Migrating to Australia
20th July 2008 about | WA Tourist Info | copyright | contact us | privacy policy | terms | sitemap |
Migration Institute of Australia Member
Registration Number 1971 and 2748
Registered to Provide Migration Advice
MARN numbers:
0208366, 0426675, 0641256, 0742456 and 0640237
More info about Immigration Australia, Visa Australia
Need more information, advice or assistance?

Get near instant results in your own personalised clients area. Your own dedicated migration consultant will be online to guide, assist and respond to all your questions

1. Register Online
2. Activate your account
3. Submit your information for a FREE visa appraisal or 4. Submit your data for a detailed Migration Assessment or 5. Use eConsult for fast, detailed replies to all your questions.

Visiting Australia

Australian Short Stay Visa options - ETA

 Visitors visa

If you are planning a holiday visit or a short business trip to Australia, you will need to apply for either a visa or an ETA (Electronic Travel Authority). An ETA will let you spend up to three months in Australia.

UK citizens can apply for this visitor visa very easily online, with the Department of Immigration.

What are the conditions?

Visitor ETA conditions

  • Valid for visits to Australia for tourism or to visit friends or relatives
  • Valid for multiple visits within 12 months from date of issue
  • Maximum length of each visit is three months
  • You must not work while in Australia

Short Validity Business ETA conditions

  • For visits to Australia for business meetings, conventions and conferences
  • Work is not allowed; except for a very short period to undertake work not able to be done by any Australian citizen or permanent resident
  • Valid for multiple visits within 12 months from date of issue
  • Maximum length of each visit is three months
  • Not for acting, musical performances or commercial film making; in these cases, apply for an Entertainment visa. See: Entertainment visa (subclass 420)
  • Generally, people seeking paid employment in Australia should apply for the Temporary Business Entry Long Stay (subclass 457) visa, or other appropriate class of visa.

Do not pay any 3rd party, agent or company to 'process' this visa - you can do this yourself, very easily, on the Australian government website, here.



Citizens of non-ETA eligible countries:


You will need to apply for a subclass 676 visa, using form 48R.

You must show your travel / holiday plans, and finances to support yourself - you may need to speak to the visa office in your country for their specific requirements.

Note that you must NOT work AT ALL while in Australia on this visa.




Forgotten Password